Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Cinema Experience










It is a common thing with people to hold a fascination for watching a movie in the cinema. I do, I dont recall when I never did. The euphoria we get from watching created the revolution that brought the French, Russian and German film movement, Americans turned it into Hollywood. Thanks to cinema for the movie experience, we are still at it today. A film today will attempt to heighten this experience drawing in a followership that inturn make ticket sales.

I remember my first
cinema experience. I was a kid way back then, I went with my parents to see Cleopatra Jones. It was a blaxploitation film about a US Special Agent assigned to crack down on drug-trafficking in the U.S. The experience of the picture stayed with me, in fact Tamara Dobson as she is known was a model, actress and many more things. That came Shaft, Three the hard way, Black Belt Jones, and the nglorious Bastards,I liked Fred Williamson, Jim Brown, and Jim Kelly they were my favourite African American actors back then. I prefered Jim Kelly, he was martial arts. He actually went on to do Enter the Dragon with Bruce Lee, I figured much later that Jackie Chan was somewhere in that picture playing a stunt mam. At some point in the making Bruce Lee hit him hard on the head, they paused shooting to attend to the poor guy - no wonder they guy likes to to take a beating.

The experience of cinema further spread from the blaxploitation movies to chinese films. I recall seeing Snake in the Monkey shadow,....continued next week

No comments: