Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Cinema Experience II










continued from yesterday
...
The advent of the Chinese films cascaded into the Indian film era, as both genre rulled the cinema, if you picked up a newspaper, you did have a whole back page filled with movie choices on national wide cinemas. I liked to scan through to see Pen Cinema - they always had the best collections back then. I moved to Abeokuta from Akure and began watching films at Ibukun cinema, Ijaye. I fell in love with the indan film at this point. I'd line up to draw the entire poster on a A4 sheet. We all have had our fair share of it.

I think the cinema experience had evolved from different genres till the myriad of choices we have currently. And thanks to the Silverbird cinemas, we have the chance to relive the experience once again. The creators of this experience are my next focus. It is an art to create the experience, from D.W. Griffith to Zack Snyder, you have a thousand directors in between and many more join this queue daily that deliver the experience for the silverscreen.


James Cameron recently heightened this experience in his beloved Avatar

No comments: